• Black/White
  • White/Black
  • Yellow/Blue
  • Standard

Current Style: Standard

-A A +A

History

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

History

 

The Rice Research Station, Moncompu was established in 1940, with the financial assistance of the ICAR, as a Paddy Breeding Station for breeding improved varieties for Kuttanad. The station was later renamed as Rice Research Station, Moncompu.  With the establishment of Kerala Agricultural University, this Station was brought under the control of the University with effect from 1st February, 1972.  Research work was further intensified by providing Scientists in the different disciplines during 1974. This Research Station was identified as the lead Station for Rice under the “National Agricultural Research Project” for the “Special Zone of Problem Areas” with Headquarters at Regional Agricultural Research Station, Kumarakom. 

Translations

English Arabic French German Hindi Italian Russian Spanish

Address

Thekkekara P.O
Moncompu
Alappuzha Kerala 688503
:+91-477-2702245